Saturday, August 17, 2013

Review: The Guardians by T.M. Franklin

Sometimes books just don't want to let go. You read them and enjoy them and move on to read other books, but you find yourself thinking back to characters or plotlines and not really paying attention to what you're currently reading.

Yeah, that happened.

I know I reviewed More, the first book in this series last week, and I had every intention of saving this review until a bit closer to the publication date...but well, I couldn't stop thinking about it.

It even distracted me from Candy Crush and that is SERIOUS BUSINESS.

The Guardians picks up a few months after More ends. Caleb and Ava's relationship is as solid as ever and Ava has continued to learn more about who she is and what she is capable of. But this book is not more of the first book. It takes us deeper into the world of the Guardians, members of The Race that have broken away from the Council and operate a sort of underground railroad for half-breeds. We meet Caleb's father, laugh at the interactions between Ava and Tiernan (I love this dynamic), and learn a little bit more about what devious plot The Rogues have conceived.

And it is a doozy.

But that's all you're going to get from me about that -- no spoilers here! Nope. It is no secret that I read a lot of books. A Lot. And over time, I've sort of come to expect a sort of sophomore slump with the 2nd book in a series. That did not happen for me this time. I am just as intrigued, if not more after reading The Guardians and I can NOT wait to get my hands on the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment