Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday - Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer





From Goodreads:


Rapunzel's tower is a satellite. She can't let down her hair - or her guard.

In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker – unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.


I am fascinated when authors take a traditional fairy tale and recreate it into something all their own, so it is no surprise that I loved the first 2 books in this series - Cinder and Scarlet.  Knowing that there is another one coming makes me want to happy dance :)

Now for the sad part -- it isn't published until February of 2014.  BUT, that does give you plenty of time to go check out the other two books, just sayin'.

Now that you know what I can't wait to read, what are YOU waiting for?

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a meme hosted by the lovely bloggers at Breaking the Spine - head on over and see what other readers can't wait to read. 

5 comments:

  1. I...I ...this is one of my most coveted books this year. I am dying to read it. The first two books were some of my very faves and I love Marissa Meyer. I have an interview with her if you are interested: Marissa Meyer Interview

    My Friends Are Fiction's WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely have fallen in love with this series. I didn't read Cinder but I did pick up Scarlet and loved every second of it! I can't wait to get my hands on Cress!

    My WoW

    New Follower Diayll @Mother/Gamer/writer

    ReplyDelete
  3. not my kind of book, and I am not fond of the plain cover, but hope you enjoy it.
    I also am a new follower, and will also add you to my Feedly reader if I can find your feed.

    Here is mine
    My Wow Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ackkkk! I just updated my post with the new cover -- SO much better than the black/white stand in ;) Thanks for the follow :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read Cinder yet but I'm very excited to do so. That cover is awesome!! I'm now following you!

    Check out My WOW

    ReplyDelete