Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Review: Making the First Move by Reese Ryan



A mere few DAYS after starting this blog, Reese Ryan took a chance on me and allowed me to author a guest post for Contemporary Romance Cafe. So I was so completely thrilled to get a chance to review her debut book, Making the First Move.

Plus, she lives in NC and you know I love and support my NC authors!  XOXO

Simply put, this book makes me smile. I love a strong-willed heroine, and that is exactly what you get with Melanie Gordon. The girl is determined. She is successful, has a good head on her shoulders, and isn't afraid to make tough decisions like moving across the country when it is in her best interest. Or back home again for the same reason.

BUT...she also isn't perfect. And that makes me love her even more.

Now...lets talk about Raine Mason. Did I tell you that this was a friends to lovers story? FAVORITE!!! Raine is the best. He is swoony, and put together and works for a non-profit because he believes in the cause. HELLO -- I love him.

BUT...you knew there had to be one :) He, too, has his flaws.

Ms. Ryan writes a story that is about discovery -- both of one's self and one's emotions. That maybe what we think we know best about ourselves isn't necessarily the truth and that it takes a little turbulence to make us appreciate the blue skies ahead.

Thank you to Netgalley for the opportunity to read this book. And to Ms. Ryan -- YAY!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment